After Socket Bone Grafting
POST-OPERATIVE instructions for BONE GRAFTS
Your bone graft is made up of many particles. You may find some small granules in your mouth for the first several days. Do not be alarmed by these. It is normal to have some of them come out of the graft site and into your mouth. There are some things you could do to minimize the amount of particles that become dislodged:
- Do not vigorously rinse or spit for 3-5 days.
- Do not apply pressure with your tongue or fingers to the grafted area, as the material is movable during the initial healing.
- Do not lift or pull on the lip to look at the sutures. This can cause damage to the wound site and tear the sutures.
Day of your Socket Bone Graft:
- You should allow the blood clot to stabilize
- Do not rinse your mouth
First Day after your Socket Bone Graft:
- Gentle rinsing is advised but not too vigorously as you can still disturb some of the bone graft granules.
- If a partial denture or a flipper was placed in your mouth, you will probably have to see you restorative Dentist to have it adjusted and learn how to remove and replace it appropriately.
If you feel the need to discuss an urgent problem with our office, you may call us anytime day or night at our regular number, Campbell Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center Phone Number 706-324-6106.